No writer wants to fail in writing. Everyone wants to become a successful writer. Even with the very first written work he or she wants to publish. I know why you feel this way. But wait! Do you know failure can make you become a good writer?
I know that might sound funny to you. But this is a very funny truth. You might not know about it as a writer. When you fail as a writer. It gives you a more practical opportunity to understand why these ideas work or do not work.
You have to know that most good success starts with a failure. That’s why you need to know how to try to raise and make more attempts to discover how to write better every day. I know how you feel when that very thing you are doing doesn’t work out the way you want it.
We as writers all fear to fail. Because failure makes us feel so bad about ourselves. It can make you feel writing isn’t for you. Even with that, it is a very good opportunity to learn more and become a good writer.
Now let’s look deeper into this.
How can failure make you become a good writer?
This is a very important question will need to talk about. The following ways are how failure could transform your writing life into a good one.
1. Failure can increase your writing courage. Yes, failure can indeed make you feel so discouraged about your writing. But if you turn a new leave and view it from a confident writer’s perspective. Failure can become your beginning to success.
When you fail as a writer but still believe in your strength to become successful. You will find failure as a pivoting point that increases your writing courage. Because you have less to fear about.
You already know that you need to prepare for whatever comes out of your actions. So you will always have a backup plan to support your actions. Which will make you do more than is expected of you. And when you do so. You will find it easier to overcome more challenges ahead of you. because you are well prepared to tackle it as a writer.
2. It gives you more reason to work harder. When you fail, it will make you feel your efforts now aren’t enough. So that will force you to work harder. In other to achieve your aim as a writer. When you know you need to do more to achieve a good result.
You will find it easier to develop your writing confidence and become a good writer. Because becoming a better writer is a product of consistent writing and practicing daily. When you keep up the pace of learning regularly. It will help you know how to develop a passion for writing easily than you can ever imagine.
3. Help you develop your logical thinking ability. Your fear as a writer decreases your creative ability. When you fail courageously. It will help you to eliminate the fear to fail because you will become more confident that you can still get better after you fail.
You will learn a lot from your failure as a writer. Because no great writer has ever discovered what works best without making a failed attempt in the first place. Failure will help you to develop your logical thinking ability as a writer.
4. Failure will force you to act faster every day. It will make you see the need to think fast and act quickly. Because you know exactly that you have a limited time to do a particular thing. And this is one of the unique characteristics of a great writer.
They act quickly because they know they need a lot of time to make there work unique and engaging to there audiences. When you fail as a writer you will know that time is very essential to meet up with your target goals in life as a writer.
5. It will force you to question your actions. Yes, you have to learn how to question your ideas as a writer. You need to know why these ideas work and why others don’t. When you fail as a writer. It will give you a broader opportunity to discover why your writing isn’t working the way you expect.
When you discover why. It will help you to know how to improve your work in subsequent times and make it more unique than ever.
To wrap everything up failure isn’t that bad as we think like a writer. The worst that can ever happen to you as a writer isn’t to fail but to stop attempting to make your writing better. If you want to succeed as a writer you need to learn how to push forward in hard times not to yield in the inner voice in your head. That tells you loudly “you can’t make it”. Learn to silence it with your consistent focus as a writer.
Over to you
Did you learn anything new from this article? If you did let me know in the comment section below and don’t forget to share this article as well as leaving your personal opinion here too.